Henry Nelson Wieman, one of the 20th century’s leading theologians, and a Unitarian Universalist, saw creativity in community at the heart of a liberating religion. In Creative Freedom, he explored mistaken ideas of freedom, inadequate goals of religious liberals, and the possibilities of creative interchange in developing a mature liberal religion.
Service Coordinator: Steve Lennon
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
- If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Order of Service
May 7, 2023, 10:30 am
We live in the world when we love it.
~ Rabindranath Tagore
Heliotrope Bouquet by Scott Joplin, performed by Daniel Clark
#186 Grieve Not Your Heart
words by Steve Lennon
words by Rabindranath Tagore, read by Steve
Love Is The Spirit
Rev. Stefan Jonasson
Sing and Rejoice
Singing children down to their rooms
Sharing and Caring
Spirit of life, be present with us as we listen to one another. May all who come here today see a welcome face, hear a kind word, and find comfort and compassion in this
community. So may it be.
#301 Touch the Earth, Reach the Sky!
Our Share the Plate partner for May is Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre.
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving. You may use a donation envelope, which is located at the back of the grey hymnal, to receive a tax receipt for accumulated cash gifts over $10. Please ask an usher for details if you do not find an envelope.
- Donate via e-transfer/Interac. In the note, you MUST include your name and whether your donation is for the Sunday offering or your pledge.
- Send a cheque by mail to the church at First UU Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Crescdent, Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A7
- To see these options later, visit our Give page.
Aria from Goldberg Variations by J.S. Bach, performed by Daniel Clark
read by Rev. Stefan Jonasson
#327 Joy, Thou Goddess
words by Francis Weller, read by Steve
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Freedom To: Maturity in Religion by Rev. Stefan Jonasson
#324 Where My Free Spirit Onward Leads
By Philip Simmons, read by Steve Lennon
Carry the Flame
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: Rev. Stefan Jonasson
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Christina Swindells-Nader, Arthur Burstow
- Sharing and Caring Host: Kelvin Seifert
- Music Director: Paul Rodermond
- Accompanist: Daniel Clark
- Music for Affirmation: P.J. Buchan
- Ushers: Krishna Nimmagadda, Norm Cobb, Jim Gardiner, and others
- Greeter: Paula Keirstead
- Set Up and Maintenance: Michael Thiessen, Jim Gardiner, Norm Cobb & others
- Hospitality: Shar Lynn, Adina Lyon, Cheryl Simmonds and others
- Chalice Sculptor: Joanne Kelly
- First UU Church of Winnipeg chalice logo: Nancy Gilbert
- Webmaster: Karin Carlson
- Communicator Editor: Marjorie Doyle
- All-Church Email Bulletin: Lorie Battershill
To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org