“You’re so brave”, the dentist said as he handed me a new toothbrush after my first ever cleaning and exam. I didn’t want to be brave, but Mom said I had to go.
“This is going to be a long courageous journey”, the doctor said to Ernest and I as we got the dreaded diagnosis. Courageous? I just wanted to scream.
“You’re so strong”, people said as they hugged me at the celebration of life. I didn’t want to be strong. I wanted him back.
What do you do when you lose the love of your life, your lover, your partner, your best friend? Well, if you’re me, you fly to Europe and walk 900kms to Santiago, Spain.
My “sermon” is not. Today I will share images and a few select songs from my Camino walk. The “courageous” path I took to try to make sense of it all. The difficult journey I took looking for answers and trying to figure out “what now”.
Coordinator: Sarah Cummings
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Forced to Be Brave: Images of my Camino
May 8, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
My mother always taught us that if people don’t agree with you, the important thing is to listen to them. But if you’ve listened to them carefully and you still think that you’re right, then you must have the courage of your convictions.
~ Jane Goodall
Moonshot, Buffy Sainte-Marie
183 The Wind of Change Forever Blown
words by Amanda Gorman, read by Sarah Cummings
Come Into This Place by Margaret Weis
Love Is the Spirit, music by P.J. Buchan
Sharing and Caring
Let us come into this circle of caring, and listen to those who share their joys and sorrows with us. Let the healing power of this community reach out to them, and to each of us. Let loving kindness and joy pass through us, and bring us peace. So may it be.
297 The Star of Truth
from You Are Here by Thich Nhat Hanh, read by Sarah Cummings
Sarah Cummings, SHADE
When Our Heart Is In A Holy Place performed by First UU Winnipeg Church Choir
from The Midnight Library by Matt Haig, read by Sarah Cummings
348 Guide My Feet (You Tube Version, Lise’s preferred choice)
Forced to Be Brave: Images of my Camino, Lise Desrochers
1021 Lean On Me
from Henry David Thoreau
Carry the Flame
On My Way, Danny Michel
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Leader: Lise Desrochers
- Coordinator: Sarah Cummings
- Tech Team: Colleen Millikin, Christina Swindells-Nader, Mel Leslie
- Sharing and Caring Host: Colleen Millikin
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Winnipeg UU Choir
- Centering Image: Heather Emberley
- Editor: Josh Robern
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email email@example.com