Take a break from busy holiday preparations and join Steve and the trees, as he revisits Evergreentide, the time when we turn our attentions toward the conifers.
Service Coordinator: Cate Ziegler
Join the Service with Zoom
>> Connect to the service via Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum,
With what delight I see you!
When winter days are dark and drear
You bring us hope for all the year!
Translation from the 16th century German song, O Tannenbaum
Dancing with Fiona, from Falcon Lake Suite by Stephen Haiko-Pena
Hanukkah’s Child by Linda Swears, performed by the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg Choir, accompanied by Stephen Haiko-Pena
44 We Sing of Golden Mornings
Words by Mary Oliver, from October, Read by Steve Lennon
Night, words by Sara Teasdale, from Winter Poems, Read by Cate
Love Is the Spirit, music by P.J. Buchan, played by Stephen Haiko-Pena
Sharing and Caring
We are glad once again that our life’s journey has brought us this morning to this place, to be here together and to listen to one another’s joys and sorrows and concerns. May we approach this time we share with gratitude and hope, and be nourished by each other’s presence. So may it be.
194 Faith Is a Forest
Meditation in Six Letters, words by Steve Lennon
Solstice Carol, by Nancy Reinhardt (of the Wyrd Sisters), performed a cappella by the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg Choir
Our Share the Plate Partner for December is Red Road Lodge.
The Christmas Song by Mel Torme and Robert Wells
Evergreentide, Revisited Steve Lennon
1028 The Fire of Commitment
Towards Green, words by Steve Lennon
Carry the Flame
Return Again performed by First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg Choir
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: Steve Lennon
- Coordinator: Cate Ziegler
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Arthur Burstow, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Sharing and Caring Host: Esmat Elhami
- Accompanist: Stephen Haiko-Pena
- First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg Choir
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Winnipeg UU Choir
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- First UU Church of Winnipeg chalice logo: Nancy Gilbert
- Website support: Karin Carlson
To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com.