Thich Nhat Hanh said in his book titled the same: “Peace is every step.”
“But where do our steps take us? How far in our lives do we go when we embrace a non-violent existence?”
Join us on November 21st as we explore the pursuit of living sustainably and environmental non-violence.
Coordinator: Steve Lennon
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
November 21, 2021
Thank you for joining us! If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
We have a lamp inside us. The oil of that lamp is our breathing, our steps, and our peaceful smile. Our practice is to light up the lamp.
~ Thich Nhat Hanh
Return Again, performed by the UU Winnipeg Choir
164 The Peace Not Past Our Understanding
Words by Philip Simmons from Learning to Fall
Words by Anne Peart
Love Is The Spirit
Candles of Caring
We pause to reflect on our week, to think of changes and challenges that lay ahead. And, as we share what is in our hearts and support each other along the way, we are all strengthened.
299 Make Channels for the Streams of Love
“The School Prayer,” by Diane Ackerman
Our Share the Plate partner for November is Pulford Community Living Services. Since 1986, Pulford has continuously provided housing and supports to persons with a developmental disability. The supports provided by P.C.L.S. Inc. and its employees are intended to encourage and facilitate, to the greatest possible extent, the individual’s ability to live and grow in ways that the individual sees fit.
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
All Creatures of the Earth and Sky, performed by First UU Winnipeg Choir
Words by Thich Nhat Hanh, adapted
Chalice and bowl The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
1028 The Fire of Commitment
“Transformational Joy,” M.C. Ziegler
1054 Let This Be a House of Peace
Words by Thich Nhat Hanh
Carry the Flame
All of You Is Welcome by Annika Winberg, followed by intro to forum, by Diane Pearce
Forum on Mental Health Matters, 12:30pm
Discussion hosted by Paula Keirstead and AIM (Accessibilty and Inclusion Ministry) Team.
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: M.C. Ziegler
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Team: Marjorie Doyle, Janet Toews, and Odell Havsdotter
- Candles of Caring Host: Marlene Schellenberg, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: Paul Rodermond, Acting Music Director/accompanist; PJ Buchan, past Music Director; and the FUUW Choir; Josh Robern, editor
To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org