When you bring a picture of our congregation to mind, who do you see? How can we continue to draw the circle ever wider within our multigenerational congregation? DLFD Andrea James reflects on her time with us, and members of the Religious Exploration (RE) Committee explore how we support one another.
Coordinator: Steve Lennon
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Draw the Circle Wide
October 3, 2021
Thank you for joining us! If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Sometimes you need to talk to a six year old so you can understand life again.
Draw the Circle Wide Mark Miller / Gordon Light. Performed by the Chalice UU Fellowship of the Conejo Valley, California
Hymn 354 We Laugh, We Cry
Love Is The Spirit
Being Andrea James, DLFD
Candles of Caring
Spirit of Life, help us to sense that beneath us is the strength we need to keep us grounded. Help us to feel that behind us is the protection we need to feel safe facing our fears. Help us to know that before us lies the beauty we seek to feel astounded. Help us become aware of the vastness of our sky and of our spirit, and help us to know that within our hearts lies the love we need to complete the circle of connection in our lives. May we use all of our gifts to bring Love into this hurting world; this world which we so value, which we cherish.
Hymn 124 Be That Guide
Rob Malo, Pat Lane, Andrea James
301 Touch the Earth, Reach the Sky
Rob and Louis Malo
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Share the Plate
Guest Glynis Quinn, Oak Table
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
Turn Around, by Nancy Griffith; Photos from FUUW families; Video edited by Debby Lake
Draw the Circle Wide
Andrea James, DLFD
Hymn 1028 The Fire of Commitment
Carry the Flame
Keep It Alight, Rev. Lynn Harrison and the CUC Choir
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rob Malo, Pat Lane, and Andrea James, DLFD
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Team: Marjorie Doyle, Lori Lewis, Doreen Stroud, and Janet Toews
- Candles of Caring Host: Marlene Schellenberg, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, past Music Director; Paul Rodermond, Acting Music Director / accompanist; and the FUUW Choir; Josh Robern, editor
- Offertory Video: RE families photos; edited by Debby Lake
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com