Using the song “Courage to Be Who We Are” from the Justice Choir Songbook as our anthem, we will honour and celebrate trans lives as part of the queer history that has sought freedom for all people to be their truest selves.
Service coordinator: Odell Havsdotter
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Courage to Be Who We Are
December 12, 2021
Thank you for joining us! If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
“By the time I was 30 years old, I had done everything I had set out to do. I had taken my band from playing in basements to playing stadiums and arenas. Married, had a kid, had a house. Everything you really could ever want. But when it came down to it that didn’t make the dysphoria go away. And if I didn’t address what was going on then I was going to end up killing myself.”
9 No Longer Forward Nor Behind (set to Forest Green)
Love Is The Spirit
Candles of Caring
To troubled hearts, to spirits over-brimming, we offer our ministry of listening. For stories that need to be told, we open our hearts and offer the care of our attention, and the support of this, our faith community. So may it be.
1048 Ubi Caritas
Our Share the Plate partner for December is Sunshine House, a small community drop-in and resource centre, focusing on inclusion and harm reduction in Winnipeg’s core area. They provide meals, laundry and bathing facilities, harm reduction supplies like syringes and condoms, and a meeting place where people exploring gender and/or sexual identity can gather.
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
Courage to Be Who We Are, performed by members of the First UU Winnipeg Choir
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Rev. Meghann Robern
1021 Lean On Me
Carry the Flame
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rev. Meghann Robern & Odell Havsdotter
- Coordinator: Odell Havsdotter, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble
- Candles of Caring Host: Esmat Elhami
- Songleader Videos: Paul Rodermond, Acting Music Director/accompanist; PJ Buchan, past Music Director; and the FUUW Choir; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org