Drawing from her experiences as a clinical counsellor and community event organizer, Sabrina Friesen explores our current cultural relational climate, the epidemic of loneliness, and ways we can find our way back to each other – and why it’s essential that we do.
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page
- If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Order of Service
“We have all known the long loneliness and we have learned that the only solution is love and that love comes with community.”
~ Dorothy Day
Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles
#360 Here We Have Gathered
O Light of Life, by Sam Trumbore, read by Jill Moats
Community Means Strength, by Starhawk, read by Jill Moats
Love Is The Spirit
The Big Umbrella, by Amy June Bates, read by Jill Moats
Sing and Rejoice
sung “a cappella” as people return to their seats
by Rev. Max D. Gaebler, adapted and read by Jill Moats
Pastoral Hymn and Stone Dropping Ritual
#268 A Core of Silence
Our Share The Plate Partner for July and August is The W.R.E.N.C.H.. They are a registered charity that creates stronger, healthier communities by removing barriers to building, repairing and maintaining bicycles with a focus on educating youth and making bikes accessible to the wider community.
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving. You may use a donation envelope, which is located at the back of the gray hymnal, to receive a tax receipt for accumulated cash gifts over $10. Please ask an usher for details if you do not find an envelope. Information about electronic or remote giving can be found on the Give page.
Songs Without Words – Op. 102 No. 4 – The Sighing Wind by Felix Mendelssohn, played by Kaila Rochelle
The Importance of Human Connection, by Dr. John Delony, read by Sabrina Friesen
#128 For All That Is Our LIfe
Contemplating Connection, by Sabrina Friesen
#134 Our World Is One World
from Universal Love, by Rev. Diane Rollert, read by Jill Moats
Carry the Flame
During this service
In order that everyone can feel comfortable here, ask that you refrain from taking photos and making recordings during and after the service unless you have received express permission from all people involved. The tech team records only the sermon portion of the service, provided the speaker consents, and it will later be posted on YouTube, again only with consent. Thank you for turning off recording devices and phones during the service if you are joining us in the sanctuary.
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: Sabrina Friesen
- Coordinator: Jill Moats
- Songleading Videos: PJ Buchan, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Miriam Robern, editor
- Tech Team: Arthur Burstow, Ashlyn Noble, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Ushers: Krishna Nimmagadda, Norm Cobb, Jim Gardiner, and others
- Greeter: Paula Keirstead
- Set Up and Maintenance: MIchael Thiessen
- Hospitality: Shar Lynn, Adina Lyon, Cheryl Simmonds, and others
- Music for Affirmation: composed by P.J. Buchan
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- First UU Church of Winnipeg Chalice Logo Designer: Nancy Gilbert
- Webmaster: Karin Carlson
- Communicator Editor: Marjorie Doyle
- All-Church Email Bulletin: Lorie Battershill
To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com
Want to help out on Sunday mornings? Please contact Norm Cobb or Jim Gardiner.