In this last of a 3-part interactive series from the CUC 2021 Conference, Rev Anne Barker challenges us to discover how we can envision a different outcome for a brighter future. How in a crisis there is potential for transformation with the power and promise of collective strength.
Coordinator: Dylan Fijal
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Confluence Talk Part 3: A New Premise
August 1, 2021
“Hope has to be seen to be believed. It has to be visible. It has to be something we can feel and touch. We are called to be persons who embody hope for one another.”
~ Paul J. Wadell
Bright Morning Star, Emerson UU Choir
Hymn 1031 Filled with Loving Kindness
Our Community Knows no Boundaries, Nancy Reid-Mckee
Apart but Together, Rev Cynthia Landrum
Love Is The Spirit
Candles of Caring
Let us find within ourselves that quiet place as we turn our hearts and minds to caring for each other. May we be responsive and supportive, and may we honour that which is entrusted to us with love and compassion. This is our ministry of listening.
Hymn 1013, Open My Heart
Hope, Jennifer Pratt-Walter
Hymn 121, We’ll Build a Land
Surface Tension, Tess Baumberger
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
“WE ARE” performed by Dr. Ysaye Barnwell and the UU General Assembly 2020 Virtual Choir
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
Sermon: Confluence Talk Part 3: A New Premise
Rev. Anne Barker
Hymn 1020, Woyaya
Benediction for People in a Pandemic, Rev Anya Sammler-Micheal
Carry the Flame
Here Comes the Sun (Beatles) performed by First Unitarian Brooklyn Choir
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Speaker: Rev. Anne Barker
- Coordinator: Dylan Fijal
- Tech Hosts: Marjorie Doyle, Janet Toews
- Chat Moderator: Marian Siemens
- Candles of Caring Hosts: Marlene Schellenberg
- Archives: Norm Cobb
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the First UU Winnipeg Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org