In this 2nd part of a 3-part interactive series from the CUC 2021 Conference, Rev Anne Barker explores with us the idea of welcoming, openness, and inclusion. How these concepts are more than just ideas, they are practices. That there is peril in avoiding discomfort.
Coordinator: Steve Lennon
Join the Service with Zoom
Connect to the service via Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Confluence Talk Part 2: disComfort
July 11, 2021
“What is the source of the light that banishes your fear?“
Where Do We Come From? UU Church of Wpg. Choir
Hymn 1031 Filled with Loving Kindness
Words by John O’Donohue
Words by Pat O’Donohue
Love Is The Spirit
Candles of Caring
As we set aside this time for quiet, may we hear the heart-felt whisperings of our spirit, and also that of others. May those who share from their hearts today feel the power of our attention and the strength of our love. May we all feel uplifted by words of comfort, and be supported by the presence of our caring community.
Hymn 1009 Meditation on Breathing
From The Wild Edge of Sorrow: Rituals of Renewal and the Sacred Work of Grief by Francis Weller
Hymn 194 Faith Is a Forest
Words by ethnobotanist Wade Davis from Shadows in the Sun: Essays on the Spirit of Place
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Anders Swanson, Executive Director of Winnipeg Trails Association
The Gift of Love, UU Church of Winnipeg Choir
Sermon: Confluence Talk Part 2: disComfort
The Rev. Anne Barker
Discussion in break out rooms
Hymn 1018, My Life Flows On in Endless Song
Words by Francis Weller
Carry the Flame
Return Again, UU Church of Winnipeg Choir
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: The Rev. Anne Barker
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon
- Tech Hosts: Janine Reid and Doreen Stroud, Tech Team
- Chat Moderator: Lise Desrochers, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Marlene Schellenberg, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the First UU Winnipeg Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com