In this 1st part of a 3-part interactive series from the CUC 2021 Conference, Rev. Anne Barker encourages us to delve into how we have changed especially during Covid. How problems can become possibilities, and how we can show compassionate imperfection.
Coordinator: Marian Siemens
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Confluence Talk: What if We Were Wrong
July 4, 2021
“There is no question for which Compassion is not the answer.”
Judith Hanson Lasater
Change, Christina Aguilera
1031 Filled with Loving Kindness
Andrew Pakula, Let There Be Light
Arlen Goff, Thresholds
Love Is The Spirit
Candles of Caring
We pause to reflect on our week, to think of changes and challenges that lay ahead. And, as we share what is in our hearts and support each other along the way, we are all strengthened.
Hymn 184, Be Ye Lamps Unto Yourselves
Michael A Schuler, Let us pause now to look Inward
Hymn 1012, When I Am Frightened
Susan L Suchocki, All That We Do Not Know
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
One Voice in the Crowd, Judy Small
Sermon: Confluence Talk: What if We Were Wrong [Part 1]
The Rev. Anne Barker
Discussion in break out rooms
Hymn 118, This Little Light of Mine
Philip Randall Giles
Carry the Flame
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: The Rev. Anne Barker
- Coordinator: Marian Siemens
- Tech Hosts: Janine Reid and Doreen Stroud, Tech Team
- Chat Moderator: Lise Desrochers, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Esmat Elhami, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the First UU Winnipeg Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org