We have learned so much over the past fifty years about our earth, and how it works, and yet humans continue to exploit the natural environment as if they are on an intoxicated spree of destruction. How did it become us against them – humans against nature – and how can we change our intention and direction?
Coordinator: Dylan Fijal
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Coming Home to Our Beautiful Dirty Earth
May 9, 2021
“Peace will not matter if it is only an excuse for the various sides of the conflict to come together to maintain a war against nature. The time has come to make peace with the entire natural world.” — Arhuaco Elder, Mamo Camilo, Santa Marta, Colombia
1054 Let This Be a House of Peace
words by Steve Lennon
from Blessed Is the Sky by Rev. Eric Williams
Love is the Spirit
Baldy, by Faye Mogensen, told by Andrea James, DLFD
Candles of Caring
We pause to reflect on our week, to think of changes and challenges that lay ahead. And, as we share what is in our hearts and support each other along the way, we are all strengthened.
163 For the Earth Forever Turning
All Creatures of the Earth and Sky, First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg Choir
from Crow Planet: Essential Wisdom from the Urban Wilderness by Lyanda Lynn Haupt
“Light Loosens” from Moosewood Sandhills by Tim Lilburn
1067 Mother Earth, Beloved Garden
1074 Turn the World Around
from Moosewood Sandhills by Tim Lilburn
Carry the Flame
Return Again, First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg Choir
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Steve Lennon, Andrea James
- Coordinator: Dylan Fijal, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Hosts: Janine Reid, Tech Team
- Chat Moderator: Marjorie Doyle, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Esmat Elhami, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org.