Our church community rises to the occasion over and over, when word goes out that help is needed. But how often do we stop, look around, and count our blessings here? The Volunteer Resources Team will lead a service of celebration and appreciation of our wonderful volunteers.
Service Coordinator: Norm Cobb
Join the Service with Zoom
>> Connect to the service via Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Alone we can only do so much. Together we can accomplish so much more.
~ Helen Keller
Nancy Wilson, The Very Thought of You
1052 The Oneness of Everything
Read by Carolyn Garlich
Celebrations and Concerns
Meditation on Service to Others
by Mahatma Gandhi, read by Barb Rudyk
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Reflection Struggles, Balance, and Joy
Jim Gardiner will share his thoughts on where we have been as a congregation, our strengths, and our joys in the past and the present. Jim will conclude with his musical creation, “When we’re 94” (sung to the tune of the Beatle’s song, When I’m 64)
Offertory & Share the Plate
Our Share The Plate Partner for November is RAY – Resource Assistance for Youth.
Offertory collection music is Secret O’ Life by James Taylor
On Volunteers by Peredur Owen Griffiths, read by Carolyn Garlich
Carolyn Garlich speaks about the influence of her mother as a volunteer mentor, then reads the Peredur Owen Griffiths piece.
The Power of Volunteering, Sonya Watson
Alice’s Restaurant (rewritten and led by Brian Klowak)
The Importance of Celebration, Sonya Watson
124 For the Earth Forever Turning
Read by Brian Klowak
Being engaged in some way for the good of the community, whatever that community, is a factor in a meaningful life. We long to belong and belonging and caring anchors our sense of place in the universe.
~ Patricia Churchland
Transition Music to breakout rooms and coffee time in the sanctuary is “Almost Like Being in Love” by Nat King Cole
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Volunteer Resources Team, Sonya Watson
- Coordinator: Norm Cobb
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble
- Sharing and Caring Host:
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Winnipeg UU Choir
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- First UU Church of Winnipeg chalice logo: Nancy Gilbert
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email email@example.com