Carol Graham, a mixed media artist and Winnipeg’s first Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), joins us to share her story of embracing the meditative art form of Zentangle, and discovering a sense of inner peace she’d not experienced with any other medium.
Service Coordinator: Cate Ziegler
Order of Service
“Anything is possible, one stroke at a time.”
― Maria Thomas
Symphony #5 in C minor (excerpt), by Ludwig van Beethoven, performed by Daniel Clark
#36 Morning Has Broken
Alive in All Creation by Shari Woodbury, read by Cate Ziegler
Let Us Be Awestruck by Kristin Grassel Schmidt, read by Cate Ziegler
Love Is the Spirit, music written by PJ Buchan
Sent to the Principal’s Office: A Back to School True Story, written and told by Heather Emberley
Sing and Rejoice
Singing the children to RE
Holding A Caring Space
#1031 May I Be Filled with Loving Kindness (sing 3x through)
Our Share the Plate Partner for September is The Peaceful Village. The Peaceful Village is an afterschool program for newcomer youth and their families, which is facilitated by Manitoba School Improvement Program (MSIP). The Peaceful Village operates at seven Winnipeg schools Monday to Friday for three hours a day providing students with academic support, learning materials, snack, and other activities to engage with. There are also optional activities for students during PD days and school breaks. The Peaceful Village also operates during the summer to provide activities and opportunities in activity-based learning over the break.
Après un rêve, Op. 7 No. 1, by Gabriel Fauré, performed by Daniel Clark
#1008 When Our Heart Is In a Holy Place
Can You Draw Your Way to Mindfulness? Carol Graham, CZT
#1057 Go Lifted Up
With Faith in the Creative Powers of Life, by Lindsay Bates, read Cate Ziegler
Carry the Flame
Transition for Breakout Rooms
Gratitude to all who helped make this service happen:
- Leader: Carol Graham, CZT
- Coordinator: Cate Ziegler
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Arthur Burstow, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Music for Affirmation: Composed by P.J. Buchan
- Accompanist: Daniel Clark
- Ushers: Krishna Nimmagadda, Norm Cobb, Jim Gardiner, and others.
- Greeter: Paula Keirstead
- Set Up/Maintenance: Michael Thiessen, Jim Gardiner, Norm Cobb, others
- Hospitality: Shar Lynn, Adina Lyon, Cheryl Simmonds, others
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- Chalice Logo Designer: Nancy Gilbert
- Website Support: Karin Carlson
- Communicator Editor: Marjorie Doyle
- All-Church Email Bulletin: Lorie Battershilll
To contact SunServ (Sunday Services Team), please email email@example.com
Want to help setting up on Sunday mornings? Please contact Norm Cobb or Jim Gardiner.
We ask that you refrain from taking photos and making recordings during and after the service unless you have received express permission from all people involved. Please turn off all electronic devices during the service.