There will be a Town Hall meeting following this service. It will use the same Zoom meeting link as the service.
Dr. Mary LeMaître, a University of Winnipeg professor who specializes in the analysis of colonial discourse (stereotypes about Indigenous people), will reflect on our collective and individual roles in bringing about Reconciliation in Canada. Why is this important? How do we go about it? What are we called to contribute or help change?
Service coordinators: Marian Siemens, Norm Cobb
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Called to Act with Justice (Micah 6:8)
August 14, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
This service was originally scheduled for June 19 and was delayed due to technical issues.
God, teach us to see others as you see them.
Walk in the Reign Choir
134 Our World is One World
Blessed is the Fire That Burns Deep in the Soul, by Dr. Eric A. Heller Wagner read by Marian Siemens
Dr. Mary LeMaitre, Psalm 139:13-17a
Love Is the Spirit
Memorial Candle for Carole Bhakar
Sharing and Caring
Let us come into this circle of caring, and listen to those who share their joys and sorrows with us. Let the healing power of this community reach out to them, and to each of us. Let loving kindness and joy pass through us, and bring us peace. So may it be.
1014 Answer the Call of Love
Our Share the Plate partner for August is Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre.
Hymn 1074 Turn the World Around
It’s Hard Work
by Rosemary Bray McNatt read by Marian Siemens
Introduction to Video
Dr. Mary LeMaitre
Idle No More
Dr. Mary LeMaitre
Voices That Challenge
by Jean M. Rickard read by Marian Siemens
Carry the Flame
Fly, Leonard Sumner and Wab Kinew
Many thanks to:
- Leaders: Dr. Mary LeMaitre
- Coordinators: Norm Cobb, Marian Siemens
- Tech Team: Ashlynn Noble, Arthur Burstow
- Sharing and Caring Host: Esmat Elhami
- Songleading Videos: P.J. Buchan, Music Director, Paul Rodermond, Accompanist, and the Winnipeg UU Church Choir
- Sanctuary chalice sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.