One of the most important lessons from Buddhism is that change is both hard and inevitable. How can we travel the difficult line between making plans for our present and future while also being prepared for when they have to change?
Coordinator: Pamela Hardman
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Best Laid Plans
August 22, 2021
“The eight-fold path is fruitful in the beginning, fruitful in the middle, and fruitful at the end. Each step along the path can bring greater joy, tranquility, concentration, equanimity, insight, wisdom, compassion, and loving-kindness.”
~ The Reverend Sam Trumbore, Buddhist Voices in Unitarian Universalism
Hymn 1031 Filled with Loving Kindness
Love Is The Spirit
Candles of Caring
Let us find within ourselves that quiet place as we turn our hearts and minds to caring for each other. May we be responsive and supportive, and may we honour that which is entrusted to us with love and compassion. This is our ministry of listening.
Hymn 1031 Filled with Lovingkindness
A Covenant Invites Relationship by Lisa Ward
Hymn 391 Voice Still and Small
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy.
Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
Hymn 1068 Rising Green
Excerpt from The Art of Being a Healing Presence, James E. Miller & Susan Cutshall
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Rev. Meghann Robern
1052 The Oneness of Everything
Carry the Flame
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rev. Meghann Robern
- Coordinator: Pam Hardman, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Host: Ashlyn Noble, Lauren Bailey
- Chat Moderator: Colleen Milikin, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Colleen Milikin, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the SunServ Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org