Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Vespers: Being in Community
August 28, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
To Be a Unitarian Universalist, by Erika A. Hewitt
Swimming to the Other Side, by Emma’s Revolution
#124 Be That Guide
The Element of Fire, by Sarah Lammert
Come and Be Welcome, by Emily Holbert and Heather Dale
Sharing a Journey, by Lisa Sargent
And Tango Makes Three, by Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell, illustration by Henry Cole
Sharing and Caring
We set aside this space to honour the human journey with all its peaks and valleys, and the paths in between. Let us fill this room, this time, with warmth and love as we listen to the heart-felt sharing of fellow travellers in our caring community.
Plain Song for Kenny, by Portland Gay Men’s Chorus
The Drowned Girl, by Yann Tiersen
All that’s Past is Prologue, by Victoria E Safford
Meditation on Breathing
by the Blue Cliff Monastery Ensemble
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving. You may use a donation envelope, which is located at the back of the grey hymnal, to receive a tax receipt for accumulated cash gifts over $10. Please ask an usher for details if you do not find an envelope.
Our Share the Plate partner for August is Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre.
River Flows in You, by Yiruma
The Road We Travel Together, by Nic Cable
#1017 Building a New Way
Tough to be a Dreamer, by Felix Hagan and The Family
Earthseed Book of the Living Verse 49: Paradise, by Octavia Butler
Make Them Hear You, by Singing Out!
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Ashlyn Noble, Janine Reid
- Coordinator: Dylan Fijal, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Host and Chat Moderator: Ashlyn Noble, and Marjorie Doyle, Tech Team
- Sharing and Caring Host: Shar Lynn, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, former Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com