Members of the congregation will share their path to their current spiritual practices and share the meaning behind them.
Service Coordinator: Marian Siemens
August 16, 2020
“As the true method of knowledge is experiment, the true faculty of knowing must be the faculty which experiences.” — William Blake, All Religions Are One
360 Here We Have Gathered
“A Symbol of Learning and Love” by the Reverend Elizabeth Harding
“To Remind Ourselves What Is Real” by Elena Westbrook
Love Is The Spirit, words by James Vila Blake (adapted); music by P.J. Buchan
Candles of Caring
Each of us enters this place with different needs. Some hearts are full of gratitude and joy. May we rejoice with them. Some hearts ache with sorrow. May our presence and compassion bring them comfort. Some hearts are searching. May the knowledge that we too are searching restore their hope and give them courage. May we, in our common need, give strength to each other as we share our joys, lighten each others’ burdens, and support our caring community.
1002 Comfort Me
Share the Plate Testimonial
Our online-only format is a morally sound response by our community to the current pandemic on our planet. This also means that we are emphasizing remote giving during our offering this morning:
- Donations can now be sent via e-transfer/Interac to firstname.lastname@example.org; in the note, you MUST include your name and if your donation is for the Sunday offering, your pledge, or our capital campaign.
- You may always mail cheques to the church!
- We are also using Canada Helps to receive online donations. Go to their website to donate in this way.
Our Share the Plate Partner for July and August, receiving half of the collection taken each Sunday, is Villa Rosa.
“All too often, we pace the geometries of our walled gardens” by the Reverend John Gibb Millspaugh
“Meditation on Attention” by the Reverend Nancy Reid-McKee
Odell Havsdotter, Paula Wachs, & Marlene Schellenberg
“It Becomes More” by the Reverend Amy Zucker Morgenstern
Carry the Flame sung by the First UU Winnipeg Choir
Transition to Connecting & Conversation Time
Leave No Song Unsung sung by the First UU Winnipeg Choir
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Odell Havsdotter, Paula Wachs, & Marlene Schellenberg
- Coordinator: Odell Havsdotter, Sunday Services Team
- Zoom Tech Host: Ashlyn Noble, Tech Team
- Zoom Chat Moderator: Lauren Bailey, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Esmat Elhami, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor