We see troubles everywhere: COVID has kept us apart, wars are threatened and fought around the world, and the climate is not what it used to be. How can we feel grateful in times like these? Rev. Joan Carolyn – long-time member and Congregational Life Team Lead for CUC – will explore this question and offer suggestions.
Coordinator: Kelvin Seifert
Note: On this morning, Wellington Crescent will be the route of the WFPS Run. Motorists turning into the church parking lot are asked to be extra careful looking out for runners, and to follow the directions of any race officials at the entrance.
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Order of Service
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Today we give thanks, and we explore suffering. We must always do both together, so that our hearts are strong for the journey.
– Myke Johnson
“May the Light of Love,” by David Roth and Anne Hills.
#360, Here We Have Gathered
“Love is the Spirit”
“Gratitude Is My Superpower”
Candles of Caring
“To troubled hearts, to spirits over-brimming, we offer our ministry of listening. For stories that need to be told, we open our hearts and offer the care of our attention, and the support of this, our faith community.”
“Simple Gifts,” traditional Shaker tune, arranged by Kelvin Seifert
“Thank you…for most this amazing day,” by e. e. cummings
#21, “For the Beauty of the Earth”
“If the only prayer you ever say is, ‘Thank you,’” led by Kelvin Seifert and Barbara Fuller
#163, “For the Earth Forever Turning”
Kelvin Seifert, “May the light of love,” by David Roth
“Carry the Flame”
“When I’m Gone,” by Phil Ochs
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Coordinator: Kelvin Seifert
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Arthur Burstow, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Sharing and Caring Host: Cheryl Simmonds
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Winnipeg UU Choir
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- First UU Church of Winnipeg chalice logo: Nancy Gilbert
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email email@example.com