Join us this Sunday, September 25, at 10:30 a.m., for our service titled, “Illusions, Delusions, and Conclusions”. Long time member, Kris Breckman, discerns his thoughts on the illusions we face in our spirituality. When do they become delusions? Follow Kris in his thinking and to what conclusions he has reached. Breakout rooms to express your own thoughts will be available, following the service, both on zoom and in person at 603 Wellington Crescent.
Service coordinators: Sarah Cummings and Norm Cobb
At 12 noon, following our service, join the livestream “Unsettled and Unafraid,” a national service to honour Indigenous Peoples and ways of being. For more information, read: Sunday, Sept. 25 12 (noon) CT: National Worship Service: Unsettled and Unafraid.
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Illusions, Delusions & Conclusions Order of Service
September 25, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Ours is a faith that has no creed, not because we have no beliefs,
But because we will not be bound by our beliefs.
53 I walk the Unfrequented Road
145 As Tranquil Streams
May the light we now kindle inspire us to use our powers
To heal and not to harm, to help and not to hinder,
To bless and not to curse, to serve you, Spirit of freedom
We come to this time and this place:
To rediscover the wondrous gift of free religious community,
To renew our faith in the holiness, goodness, and beauty of life;
To reaffirm the way of the open mind and full heart;
To rekindle the flame of memory and hope; and
To reclaim the vision of an earth made fair, with all her people one. (David C. Pohl)
Love Is the Spirit
Sharing and Caring
To troubled hearts, to spirits over-brimming, we offer our ministry of listening. For stories that need to be told, we open our hearts and offer the care of our attention and the support of this, our faith community.
51 Lady of the Seasons’ Laughter
Sigmund Freud Illusions Response read by Kris Breckman
Where Do We Come From?
If it is language that makes us human,
One half of language is to listen.
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving. You may use a donation envelope, which is located at the back of the grey hymnal, to receive a tax receipt for accumulated cash gifts over $10. Please ask an usher for details if you do not find an envelope.
Our Share the Plate partner for September is Safe Housing and Directed Empowerment (S.H.A.D.E.)
Imagine – John Lennon
Both Sides Now, Joni Mitchell
Carry the Flame
1052 The Oneness of Everything
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Leader: Kris Breckman
- Coordinators: Sarah Cummings and Norm Cobb
- Sharing and Caring Host: Colleen Millikin
- Tech Host and Chat Moderator: Ashlyn Noble, and Marjorie Doyle, Tech Team
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Winnipeg UU Choir
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- First UU Church of Winnipeg chalice logo: Nancy Gilbert
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email email@example.com