All Souls’ Day is a Universalist holiday when we remember all those whom we have loved and lost. By intentionally remembering, we allow them to continue to shape and guide our lives with their love and inspiration. We will also be releasing our DLFD, Andrea James, from covenant as she moves into the next chapter of her life.
Coordinator: Odell Havsdotter
Join the Service with Zoom
Connect to the service via Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
All Souls Day
October 31, 2021
Thank you for joining us! If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
“Mysterious Source of Love, moving within and between and among us; upholding and connecting all: the living, the dead, and the generations yet to come. We give thanks for the web of all creation, strands interwoven. And for the gifts of love, which can never be ungiven or unraveled.”
—The Reverend Molly Housh Gordon
Hedwig’s Theme/Harry’s Wondrous World, music by John Williams
354 We Laugh, We Cry
“People of Memory” by the Reverend Kimberlee Anne Tomczak Carlson
“They Are With Us Still” by the Reverend Kathleen McTigue
Love Is The Spirit
“The Invisible String,” by Patrice Karst
Candles of Caring
Spirit of Life, help us to sense that beneath us is the strength we need to keep us grounded. Help us to feel that behind us is the protection we need to feel safe facing our fears. Help us to know that before us lies the beauty we seek to feel astounded. Help us become aware of the vastness of our sky and of our spirit, and help us to know that within our hearts lies the love we need to complete the circle of connection in our lives. May we use all of our gifts to bring Love into this hurting world; this world which we so value, which we cherish.
for Ruth Breckman & Fred Mooibroek
1053 How Could Anyone
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy.
Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
“Love Does Not Disappear,” The Reverend Elea Kemler
“Immortality,” The Reverend Leslie Takahashi
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
The Reverend Meghann Robern
Releasing our DLFD from Covenant
1008 When Our Heart Is in a Holy Place
“Inspired By Our Ancestors,” The Reverend Leia Durland-Jones
Carry the Flame
Will the Circle Be Unbroken, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band et al
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rev. Meghann Robern & Andrea James, DLFD
- Coordinator: Odell Havsdotter, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Team: Marjorie Doyle, Janet Toews, Ashlyn Noble, Lori Lewis; Odell Havsdotter, Jim Gardiner, Rob Malo, Dylan Fijal
- Candles of Caring Host: Esmat Elhami, Pastoral Care Team
- Live Accompanist: Paul Rodermond, Acting Music Director
- Songleader Videos: Paul Rodermond, Acting Music Director and accompanist; the FUUW Choir; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org