Even though we have roots in Christianity, UUs have a very different perspective on Easter than what you’ll find in a mainline church. Our emphasis on Jesus as a human teacher and community organizer asks us to reckon with the idea that the tomb was not empty; that he died and did not resurrect. So what does it mean for us to be the ones to resurrect love and meaning in the wake of tragedy and loss?
Service Coordinator: Dylan Fijal
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
A Tomb Is No Place to Stay
April 4, 2021
“To speak of sorrow works upon it; moves it from its crouched place barring the way to and from the soul’s hall.” — Denise Levertov
404 What Gift Can We Bring
“Hope is Risen,” Elana Westbrook
“A Tomb Is No Place to Stay,” The Rev. Dr. Richard S. Gilbert
Love is the Spirit
Candles of Caring
Ashlyn Noble, Pastoral Care Team
We set aside this space to honour the human journey with all its peaks and valleys, and the paths in between. Let us fill this room, this time, with warmth and love as we listen to the heart-felt sharing of fellow travellers in our caring community.
31 Name Unnamed
267 When Mary Through the Garden Went
excerpt from Jesus Freak, Sara Miles
The Reverend Meghann Robern
1060 As We Sing of Hope and Joy
“Tender One” (adapted)
Carry the Flame sung by the First UU Winnipeg Choir
Transition to Connecting & Conversation Time
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rev. Meghann Robern, Nicole McKay, Andrea James
- Coordinator: Dylan Fijal, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Hosts: Ashlyn Noble & Lauren Bailey, Tech Team
- Chat Moderators: Ashlyn Noble & Lauren Bailey Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Ashlyn Noble, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com