Let’s start 2023 with an exploration of spirituality and how you are making a difference and might not even know it. Share the Plate speaker Linda Campbell, Chair of Bear Clan Patrol Inc. Board of Directors, will tell us how Bear Clan is woman-led, what they do, and their plans for the future.
- Story Wisdom will be read by Rob and Louis Malo
- Service Coordinator: Marian Siemens
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
A is for Activist
January 8, 2023
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
True peace is not merely the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice.
~ Martin Luther King
#361 Enter, Rejoice, and Come In
Our Hope and Passion by Par Urine Lichy
Here in this Sanctuary by Jack Mendelson
Love Is The Spirit lyric sheet on video screen
Introduction to Story Wisdom
Story Wisdom: Who Hid the Raisin Bread?
Written by Heather Emberley, read by Rob and Louis Malo
Sing and Rejoice
Singing children down to their rooms – words are on the screen
Sharing and Caring
To troubled hearts, to spirits over-brimming, we offer our ministry of listening. For stories that need to be told, we open our hearts and offer the care of our attention, and the support of this, our faith community.
#1023 Building Bridges
From Grey Hymnal #434 – author anonymous
Hymn #1012, When I Am Frightened
“Gird Thyself,” by Jessica York
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Share the Plate
Speaker Linda Campbell from Bear Clan
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving. You may use a donation envelope, which is located at the back of the grey hymnal, to receive a tax receipt for accumulated cash gifts over $10. Please ask an usher for details if you do not find an envelope.
Jeremy Dutcher “Mehcinut”
I’ve Got Peace Like a River Hymn 100
“Be about the work,” by Andrea Hawkins Kamper
Carry the Flame (lyric sheet, or songleading video)
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Michael Thiessen, Heather Emberley
- Coordinator: Marian Siemens
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Arthur Burstow, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Candles of Caring Host: Esmat Elhami
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Daniel Clark accompanist
- Website support: Karin Carlson
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com