Resources during Physical Distancing and Isolation
Looking for this week’s schedule of congregational Zoom gatherings and events? Here it is!
As we continue to do all we can to flatten the curve and saves lives during this global pandemic, we also want to make sure that we keep each other’s mental and emotional health strong as well. Our congregation is collecting and curating resources during this time. Some of the links below also allow you to add your own suggestions to share with our community.
For all ages
- Winnipeg Public Library is still offering electronic checkout of ebooks, audiobooks, movies, music, etc. Click here to get started!
- McNally Robinson Booksellers is still here for all your print book needs! See their latest updates about the different ways you can shop for books and receive your orders. Local Winnipeg delivery is only $5!
- Links to online music festivals, zoos with livestreams, etc
- TV/movies that’ll help put existential dread at bay (compiled by @cailinlowry)
- Harry Potter at Home: special contributions from Bloomsbury and Scholastic, nifty magical craft videos, fun articles, quizzes, puzzles and plenty more for first-time readers, as well as those already familiar with the wizarding world
For children & youth, including homeschooling
- Message to children from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
- Free resources for homeschooling, programming, video classes, storytelling, and other media
Streaming Media Recommendations (coming soon!)
- all ages
Online Addiction & Recovery Groups
- List of organizations that are offering online resources and meetings for those already in recovery and those seeking support for addiction
First UU Winnipeg COVID-19 Blog Posts
Canadian Unitarian Council
Zoom Tutorials and Training
- If You Have Never Used Zoom Before… by Foothills UU
- Following good Zoom etiquette by Rev. Sarah Cokochko
- Getting Started With Zoom: This 30-minute training session will provide a high-level tour of Zoom and cover the basics you need to get up and running.