News, Announcements, & Events
Adult Drop In Monthly Theme Discussion
Saturday, April 13th, 2019 from 10:00 am to 11:30 am in the Living Room of the house.
We will meet from 10 - 11:30 in the Living Room (come in the door on the house side of the building).
Services Sale 2019: Sundays, April 7 to April 28
Services Sale: How does it work?
The Services Sale is an annual fun and fund raising event where members offer services or handmade items for sale, and other members purchase these during a four-Sunday period, starting April 7. All money from the sale goes to support the excellent programs and structure of this church.
- A service could be a dinner you host at your home, tutoring, a few hours of yard work, rental of your cottage for a week or weekend, a games night at your place, a guided tour you host, etc.
- An item could include a dozen muffins, a knitted scarf, a handcrafted item, tickets to a performance, etc. Some services lend themselves to multiple offerings, others to just one, but all services and items are welcomed.
FAB Furniture, Art & Book Sale
Saturday, April 20
We are now accepting donations of furniture, art and books (as well as other household goods) for the upcoming fundraiser, happening April 20, 9a.m. to 3p.m.
Some items we cannot accept, because they do not sell, such as:
TVs, computers, printers, couches, entertainment units, child car seats and cribs, golf clubs, old skis, broken items, text books, encyclopedias, magazines, anything mildewy.
Summer Camp Potluck
Friday April 26th 6pm to 8:30pm
Food, Fun and Friendship - Kicking off the planning for our UU Summer Camp Weekend scheduled August 23, 24, 25 at Unitarian Centre by Hnausa Provincial Park.
- Come if you have never been to camp and want to learn more.
- Come if you are planning to join us this summer.
- Come if you have attended in the past or haven't ever been to camp and just feel like eating good food and hanging out with us.
Please indicate how many are coming from your family and what you are bringing to share. We will be setting up the room at 5:30 and working together on clearn up from 8 to 8:30pm.
Our Newsletter, The Communicator 2019 Issues
Click a link below to read or download (depending on your browser settings) our newsletter, the Communicator. To save directly to your computer, right-click the link and then choose your browser's "save" option, such as Save link as or Save target as.
CUC Offers Pastoral Care Support to Young Adults
The CUC’s Pastoral Care Team for Young Adults offers flexible and accessible care and support that young adults can access anywhere, whether or not they are currently connected to a congregation or minister. Our three Pastoral Care Team members are ministers with experience providing care and supportive listening, with a special interest in supporting young adults through the many ups and downs of life. Pastoral care can be provided by phone, through Zoom video, or by text.
Come join us for a game of Scrabble on the first Tuesday of the month, at 1:30 in the Sanctuary!
The Adult Programming Committee invites you to come and enjoy an afternoon of Scrabble! We will meet regularly, on the first Tuesday of the month at 1:30 pm in the Sanctuary (holidays excluded).