News, Announcements, & Events
The Pastoral Care Team is hosting a Grief Circle on Tuesday, July 17 from 7:00-9:00 pm.
It will be a time to share, listen to ourselves and others, and to support each other in our healing journey. If you are grieving a loss of any kind (and who of us isn’t?) you are welcome here!
The Sunday Services Committee will be hosting a Summer Solstice Ceremony, also known as Alban Hefin in the Druid tradition. The ritual is scheduled after the service on June 24th on the back lawn, weather permitting. All ages are welcome!
We need the following if someone has them or wants to make them:
- crown made of Oak or other strong green tree
- water bowl
- candles and/or incense
Someone could share a salutation to the Sun and there will be an opportunity to step forward into the centre of the circle and ask us to bear witness as you make or reaffirm a vow, announce a life change or a new name, call for inspiration, etc. There will be some reading parts. If you are interested, please talk to Odell Havsdotter.
Our Newsletter, The Communicator
Click the links below to read or download (depending on your browser settings) our newsletter, the Communicator.
Summer Camp Information
Eighth Annual UU Summer Camp, Friday July 20th to Sunday July 22nd, 2018
Fun for people of all ages!
What to expect at Summer Camp Weekend
- A wonderful intergenerational weekend of camping and hanging out
- Make new friends - build community together
- Fun, music, games, FOOD!, swim, sing, worship, dance
- Lots of activity (or not ) options for all ages – we go with the flow and weather
- Run by participants - coordinated by all – pitching in with meals and clean up
- Low cost
- Beautiful historic UU Camp Hnausa has a lodge with large kitchen, dining hall, massive deck, bathrooms and with lake front camping
- Only 30 minutes north of Gimli Manitoba