Using the find features may redirect you to the "LibraryThing" website. Simply use your back button to return to our site. Thanks!
UU Online Library Catalogue
This library catalogue is provided to help you find the books that are in our physical library at 503 Wellington Crescent. Read about how to check out books from the "real" library, here.
This catalog works best when viewed in modern browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.). Currently we are having "undiagnosed" issues with Internet Explorer, and the sorting by column doesn't seem to work. Switching to a different browser seems to fix this, as does doing a "search" in the search box. Please direct questions to the Webmaster.
Tips for Using This Library Catalogue
- To see the Dewey information that you will need to find the books in our library, please click the link: UUChurch has a suggested style for viewing this library (use it)
- To sort the books by columns (Title, Author, Date, etc.), click the header (e.g., "Title") for that column.
- To adjust how you are viewing the list, click the buttons at the top: List, Covers, Tags, Authors, Style, Sort, etc.
- To search for a book, type a search word in the "Search your library" box, and then click the "Search" button.
- To see more information about a book, click the book title or other information.
Please note: When you use the find feature or click a book title, the tabs at the top, or the "Library Thing" banner, you will leave the UU Winnipeg site and go to the LibraryThing website. Use the Back button in your browser to return to the UU Winnipeg site. Or, instead of clicking, you can right-click on the link you want and then click "Open in new tab/window".
The UU Library provides support to the spiritual quest and religious education of the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg members and friends by providing local access to materials on Unitarian Universalism specifically, religious matters generally, and other related areas. The UU Library is located in the main house, in an alcove just before the hallway to the sanctuary.
The library catalogue can be accessed through the First UU Church website, either from your home computer or anywhere that has internet access. At present the library is not staffed, but there is a computer onsite which can be accessed with assistance from volunteers.
- Members and friends of the First UU Church may check out books for a 4 week period. There is a sign on the library desk outlining the procedures.
- We ask those who regularly attend the First UU Church and are not listed in the current directory to provide us with full and legible contact information e.g. name, phone number and address.
- Visitors may use materials in the library but they may not check out books.
Book Donation Policy
The Library appreciates donations from church members and friends. We are always looking to expand our collection of UU material, books on liberal and world religions, church administration, etc. The library volunteers would be happy to review your book collection to assist you in determining which titles would be a good fit for the Library. Some donated books may be put in the book sale or donated to other libraries since we do receive duplicate copies and we have limited space.
Note: We do not accept fiction or general self-help books so these can go directly to the book sale.