“People come to church longing for, yearning for, hoping for … a sense of roots, place, belonging, sharing and caring. People come to a church with a search for community.” ~ Glenn Turner
Covenant Groups are small groups of 8-12 participants, with two co-facilitators. They gather monthly to reflect on the church-wide theme, broadening personal spiritual growth, and forming connections and deepening relationships as they go. They are a wonderful way to create community.
Covenant Group members
- attend monthly meetings
- co-create a covenant, and then practice living into that covenant every month
- share their experiences and reflections, and hold space for those of the others in the group
- participate in a service project chosen by their group
Repairing the World
Our overarching theme this year is Repairing the World. Judaism refers to Tikkun Olam, meaning “repair of the world.” Repair is necessary because the world and society have been damaged both accidentally and intentionally. Whether climate change, poverty, racism, and more, the world calls out for justice and compassion. Let us respond, through engagement with the following themes:
- September: Reason
- October: Reverence
- November: Non-Violence
- December: Healing
- January: Renewal
- February: Power
- March: Balance
- April: Theological Reflection
- May: Courage
- June: Prophetic Imperative
Covenant Groups are led by trained facilitators who, in turn, attend their own monthly meeting. All groups meet on Zoom videoconference.
The program runs from October 2021 through June 2022. Groups are intentionally disbanded at the end of the year, though your friendships will have a life of their own. Participants are welcome to register again the following year, to make new connections, with another group of people.
There are three groups to choose from this year; choose the day/time that works best for you, and register below by October 7, 2021.
- 3rd Friday of the month, 10:00 a.m. to noon
- Begins Oct. 15, 2021, with Paula Keirstead and Stephanie Harvey
4th Monday of the month, 7:00-9:00 p.m. FULL
- Begins Oct. 25, 2021 with Janet Toews and Debby Lake
- 4th Thursday of the month, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Begins Oct. 28, 2021, with Odell Havsdotter and Diane Pearce
Register by October 7, 2021
For information about any of our Learning programs, please contact our Director of Lifespan Faith Development (DLFD).