Share the Plate
Every Sunday, donations from the service’s collection plate for a month are split 50/50 with a non-profit Winnipeg organization. These organizations are selected by the Social Justice Team, and a representative is invited to share about their organization during one of the services for that month.
To be selected for the Share the Plate program, an organization must:
- Be local to Winnipeg,
- Be a registered non-profit,
- Have values congruent with our UU principles,
- Benefit from our relatively small financial donations,
- Form relationships with the congregation.
- December – Sleep in Heavenly Peace
- November – Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba
- October – Candace House Inc.
- September – Local Investment Toward Employment (LITE)
- July & August – Villa Rosa
- June – Main Street Project
- May – The Autism Society of Manitoba
- April – Climate Change Connection
- March – Ndinawemaagang Endaawaad
- February – Jocelyn House Hospice
- January – North End Women’s Centre Inc.
- December – St. Boniface Street Links Inc.
- November – Elizabeth Fry Society
- October – Dying with Dignity Canada (Winnipeg chapter)
- September – Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- July & August – Resource Assistance for Youth
- June – The WRENCH (Winnipeg Repair Education and Cycling Hub)
- May – Agape Table
- April – FortWhyte Farms
- March – Anxiety Association of Manitoba
- February – 1 Just City
- January – Opikihwawin
- December – Wilderness Committee
- November – North Point Women’s Centre
- October – Pan am Place
- September – John Howard Society
- July & August – Seed Winnipeg
- June – Manitoba Environmental Youth Network
- May – Manitoba League of Persons with Disabilities
- April – ArtBeat Studio Inc
- March – Food Matters Manitoba
- February – Chez Rachel
- January – Bear Clan Patrol
- December – The Little Stars Playhouse
- November – Spence Neighborhood Association
- October – Got Bannock Inc.
- September – Green Action Centre
- July & August – The Dream Room Project
- June – Manitoba Eco-Network
- May – Welcome Place Manitoba Interfaith Immigration Council
- April – Indigenous Family Centre
- March – Wildlife Haven Rehabilitation
- February – Rossbrook House
- January – Community Ownership Solutions, Inc.