Green Action Committee
In support of our seventh principle, the purpose of the Green Action Committee is to engage cooperatively with other committees and members of the congregation to make our church a greener place by enhancing our congregational and individual awareness and practices, and to make our church a catalyst for environmentally sustainable change in the broader community.
The responsibilities of the Green Action Committee include:
- Making periodic environmental audits and surveys of the practices of the congregation and posting them on the website.
- Identifying and recommending improvements.
- Providing liaisons to other committees.
- Educating about environmental issues and green practices.
- Participating in and supporting other environmental groups in the community.
- Researching best practices.
- Initiating green projects in our church, for example, composting, garden, and support for local farmers.
- Public advocacy through letters, briefs, presentations, and participation in demonstrations.
- Annual reporting.
Come Join Us
We meet on the third Sunday of every month after the service. Newcomers are welcome.
For more information, fill out the form below to contact the Green Action Committee.