If you have a church email account, and you use our Google Workspace for committee and other shared church work, you might need to share a file or folder. Sharing a folder shares all the files and folders inside of it.
Here are some instructions you can use.
- Log in with your church email and password to Google.ca.
- Select the Google Apps menu and select Drive.
- The next step is to locate the folder or file that you want to share. You might need to open a folder to get to a file (1).
- Select the file or folder (2), or open the file.
- If you’re sharing file(s) or folder(s) that are selected, select the Manage access (3) link.
- If you’re sharing a file and it’s open, select the Share button.
- To share with specific people, enter their email address in the Share with people and groups box and then select their name from the list.
- To get a link to email to people, where anyone with the link can access the file or folder, leave this box empty.
- Set the permissions (5) to control the permissions you want people to have :
- Viewer, if you want people you’re sharing the item with to be able to read the content but not make comments or edit it.
- Editor, if you want people yo be able to edit the content.
- Commenter, if you don’t want people to be able to edit, but you do want them to be able to make comments.
- If you entered email addresses in step 5, select the Send button (you’re done).
- If you didn’t enter email addresses in step 5:
- Change whether the person needs to have a UU email or not (4). Set this to “Anyone with the link” which will work for anyone who has the link, regardless of if their email ends in “uuwinnipeg.mb.ca”.
- Select Copy link (6) and then select Done.
- Create an email to the person(s) you want to have the link and include the link in your email.