Communication Form FAQ
This article contains answers to some commonly asked questions about the Communication Submission Form.
If you don't see your question here or need additional help with the form, please contact a member of the Social Media Team.
Questions and Answers
Question: What Information do I need to submit an announcement?
A: Before submitting your event/announcement, you need the following information:
- You need to know what communication methods/platform(s) you want (you can choose one or more than one, but you must choose at least one):
- Weekly Email
- Newsletter (Communicator)
- Your information, so we can contact you: your name, email address, and phone number
- Your sponsoring committee or team*
- The text of your announcement or event, including a title we can use, a “short version” or “summary” and the full version with all the information.
- For events, your text should include the date, time, location, and any other pertinent information, such as if you will provide childcare at the event.
- If you prefer to send us a file with the event particulars rather than fill in the summary and full text fields in the form, please fill in the title in the form and then upload a text or Word document using the File upload buttons on the form. The limit is three file uploads.
- If you want us to use a picture or text/Word/Excel/PowerPoint document, please prepare it for uploading by naming it with the event name and date. You can upload up to three files.
Question: Who can use this form to submit information about an event or announcement?
Answer: *Members of Committees, staff members and Board members can use this form to submit information about an event or announcement.
Question: Why are we changing the way we have been submitting announcements?
Answer: We are streamlining the process to make it easier to submit announcements and easier for them to be implemented. This is another safeguard against important items being missed or falling through the cracks. We are also taking this opportunity to clarify the deadlines for submission to each of the formats.
Question: Can I still submit my announcement by another method, such as calling the church office, or emailing the newsletter editor?
Answer: After May 1, you must use the form to submit your announcement (which is the point of streamlining).
Question: How many files, and what kind, can I upload with the form?
Answer: You can upload up to three files. You can upload any of the following common picture and document file types: pdf, doc, docx, xlsx, xls, pptx, ppt, jpg, jpeg, gif, png.
Question: Can I use this form to book an event at the church?
Question: Will my event be added to the church calendar on the website?
Question: What if I don’t have email?
Answer: Please ask someone else on your committee or team who does have email to submit the form for your group.
Question: Can I request child care at my event by using this form?
Answer: No. Please contact contact the Director of Lifespan Faith Development to inquire about arranging child care at your event.
Question: What if I still need help?
Request a Log In ID and Password
If you have never set up a log in ID and password to log in to the members area of the site, please contact our Webmaster, Karin Carlson, and she will create a new account for you. Please note that she can't see what password you choose, she can only assign you a new one. If you ever forget your login ID or your password, please follow the steps below.
Retrieve Your User ID and/or Your Password
Having trouble logging in? Before you email the Webmaster, please note that she can't see what password you choose, the system hides it; she can only assign you a new one. So if you contact her asking "What is my password?" she really can't tell you, because she doesn't know. The best thing to do is to use the built-in password and user ID request links:
- Ask the website to email you your information:
- Type your email, type the Captcha text, and then click the "Submit" button. Your information will be emailed to you.
If neither of those options works for you (for example, you can't remember what email you used or you no longer have access to that email), then please contact our Webmaster, and she will create a new account for you.
Change Your Password
To change your password, follow these steps:
- Log in here. (The log in page is available under the Members menu item.)
- In the main menu, click Members, Edit Your Member Profile.
- Make your desired changes, and then click the Save button (bottom right).