“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”
Here is a current list of volunteer opportunities at First UU Winnipeg. To contact the Volunteer Resources Committee (VRC), send them an email or use the contact form below.
- Sunday Hospitality Team: Contribute to our in-person connections by greeting people as they enter, doing prep or cleanup for our coffee time together, or collecting the offertory.
- Stewardship Team: Ask individuals how they’re doing, how they’re feeling about our church, and what their hopes may be for the future of the church. Mention the annual canvass.
- Religious Exploration (RE) Committee: Work with staff to develop children’s and intergenerational programming using recommendations of RE consultant from June. Pave the way for the future of this congregation.
- RE Program Leaders: Share your love of children and foster their development by leading program segments. Criminal record and child abuse registry checks are prerequisites.
- Membership Committee: Help us welcome newcomers and encourage long term UU involvement.
- Green Action Committee/Social Justice Team: Join a socially engaged group that works for a just society and for our life-sustaining planet. Participate in peace walks, letter writing or other means of peaceful protest.
- Special Event Volunteers: Assist with committee special events such as coffeehouse set-up, door duty, or selling raffle tickets.
Let’s explore volunteering you might enjoy and that meets the needs of the congregation.