Links to words and music used in the online services will be added, when available, to the service’s archive page on our website. Last Sunday’s service archive page for “Born This Way.. And!” can be found here: https://uuwinnipeg.mb.ca/services/born-this-way-and/
Are you interested in learning about advanced Zoom techniques and hosting features? Are you willing to help out our congregation by being part of our technical hosts team (no public speaking required!) for services, meetings, and events by Zoom? Then please fill out this form!: https://forms.gle/DuMZQeRitezEQFF4A
We’re adding to our website this week a page of resources during isolation, including streaming media recommendations, sources for online recovery groups, and homeschooling resources. Stay tuned!
We’re seeing an increase in scams attempting to take advantage of people’s anxiety and fear during this time. Please double-check the email address of any message you receive asking for your information, for money, for gift cards, etc. Rev. Meghann will ONLY ever contact you via her church email address, and if the ask appears to be coming from a lay leader or other UU community member (including nationally), be cautious. Make phone calls, if needed.
This time of isolation can be very hard, especially when we don’t have a known end date. We are developing many ways to connect – including drop-in casual conversations via Zoom, online story times, virtual coffee hours, playing games together, and more. If you have ideas or wish to help, please reach out to Rev. Meghann by call, text, or email.
Zoom Connections this week:
Click on this link for a Zoom tutorial and to learn more about how to connect: https://foothillsuu.org/resource/zoom-resources/. If you’re connecting to the Zoom system by phone and need a phone number outside Winnipeg, find your local number here: https://zoom.us/u/acoaE7vlaa
Evening Vespers Service, Wednesdays, 7pm
This will happen every Wednesday going forward, at the same Zoom link, if you’d like to add it to your personal calendar.
- Connect online via Zoom at https://zoom.us/j/956356852 (This link is different from the one for Sunday Services.)
- Participate via phone at 204.515.1268. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 956 356 852 (This Meeting ID is different from the one for Sunday Services.)
Drop-In Community Chat, Thursdays, 12:30-1:30pm
Just click the Zoom link below and join the conversation! Much like Brewed Awakenings, this is a casual conversation space with no topics and no agendas. Everyone needs to eat lunch, so whether you’re still at a workplace or at home, Zoom allows for us to connect with other no matter the location. This will happen every Thursday going forward, at the same Zoom link, if you’d like to add it to your personal calendar.
- Connect online via Zoom at https://zoom.us/j/714288829 (This link is different from the one for Sunday Services.)
- Participate via phone at 204.515.1268. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 714 288 829 (This Meeting ID is different from the one for Sunday Services.)
Sunday Service & Breakout Rooms, Sunday, 10:30am-1pm
M.C. Ziegler and Rev. Meghann will explore the role of meditation and nature in reducing stress and increasing our sense of connectedness, aiding us all in developing coping skills to help see us through the next few months.
- Connect online via Zoom at https://zoom.us/j/965039321. Services will continue to begin at 10:30am; the Zoom room will open 30min beforehand.
- Participate via phone at 204.515.1268. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 965 039 321
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
Soulful Singing with Rev. Wendy Luella Perkins
Daily Soulful Singing, 8:00-8:30am
- Connect online via Zoom at https://zoom.us/j/192861308?pwd=NEV5T21aRVpNblF1SUlVUUNSd1lIdz09
- Participate via phone at 204.515.1268. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 192 861 308 and password 704436.
Weekly Soulful Singing, Wednesdays, 11:00-12:30pm
Singing from 11-11:50am, followed by 40 minutes of chatting for those who want to connect through conversation.
- Participate via phone at 204.515.1268. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 811 202 230 and password 298083.
Weekly Soulful Singing, Thursdays, 6:00-7:30pm
- Participate via phone at 204.515.1268. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 293 287 070 and password 491664.