If you are experiencing a pastoral emergency, please call Rev. Robern at the church office (204) 474-1261.
For non-emergency pastoral care for yourself, or to let us know confidentially about someone in the congregation in need of care, please contact our Pastoral Care Team at email@example.com
Mental Health Virtual Therapy Program for Covid-19
- I decided I needed some help and have been using this program for a few weeks now.
- I did the first questionnaire/module, and was assigned a counsellor within a few days.
- My counsellor calls me weekly, at a mutually agreed upon day/time.
- I then receive the next module, which includes videos and an online questionnaire.
- I find talking with this very good counsellor combined with the simple coping strategies that are suggested and designed based on my answers to the questions, have been very helpful.
Community of Caring
As members of this community, we are guided by our covenant as Unitarian Universalists and our congregational Covenant of Right Relations to strive to build a Community of Caring.
The Pastoral Care Team, in keeping with our covenant “to accept and care for each other” has a primary goal of supporting and encouraging members and friends of the church in their efforts to function as a Caring Community – to know that they will be cared for and have the opportunity to care for others. Our Pastoral Care Team works collaboratively with the Minister in order to coordinate appropriate, effective responses to address the pastoral care needs of members and friends of our church.
Members of the Pastoral Care Team are dedicated to providing compassionate support. They seek to be genuinely present when serving – whether as host at our table on Sunday morning, or in any other capacity. They respect the confidentiality of all people and share information to the appropriate Pastoral Care Team personnel only as necessary to provide this support. When specifically requested by the person involved or their family, they may also pass on information to our Caring Community.
Download our pamphlet Our-Caring-Community.