First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg
Welcome to our site - we are glad you are here! Ours is a vibrant, intentionally-inclusive community that welcomes you regardless of your gender identity, economic circumstance, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnicity, or national origin.
Sunday services are held year-round at 10:30 a.m., followed by refreshments and conversation. We have a dynamic program of Religious Exploration for children and youth, and child care is available. Information about getting here: Get here! Map, parking, transit, and bike information.
We welcome you, and look forward to sharing the adventure that is life and the spiritual journey. Feel free to Contact Us with questions or for further information.
October 28: How Big Your Brave Is
Service Leaders: Rev. Jason Shelton, Rev. Meghann Robern, Andrea James, & PJ Buchan
Service Coordinators: Dylan Fijal & Marian Siemens
Join us for a multigenerational celebration of shared ministry throughout the prairies! We will be installing our minister, Rev. Meghann, as part of the Canadian Unitarian Universalist Western Regional Fall Gathering, and exploring community, love, and of course, our monthly theme of persistence.
This worship service is open to all; if you would like to register for the weekend conference, children’s programming, or the youth con, please visit: https://cuc.ca/events/western-region-fall-gathering-2018/1540573200/1540731600 If finances would prevent you from registering, there is scholarship money available; please contact Rev. Meghann or DLFD Andrea to arrange for a subsidy.
From the Minister's Study - October 2018
Did you know that as Canadian Unitarian Universalists, we have Five Aspirations? While all North American UUs have seven principles that guide our choices and six sources that nourish our spirits, Canadian UUs also created five aspirations that help us grow. We aspire to be:
- Deeply Connected: We strive to foster healthy relationships amongst and within UU communities, with the broader world and with all life.
- Radically Inclusive: We strive to create hospitable, diverse, multi-generational communities.
- Actively Engaged: We strive to work joyfully for a just and compassionate society, experimenting with new forms of community.
- Theologically Alive: We seek to be ever-evolving in our understanding, open to new knowledge.
- Spiritually Grounded: We seek transformation through personal spiritual experiences and shared ritual.