We, the members of the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg, confirm our Covenant of Right Relations.
As members, we seek to make our church a safe space for everyone.
We acknowledge that we are different from each other. We recognize that we are enriched by our diversity and that our differences will sometimes be a source of conflict. We acknowledge that we are all responsible for our own words and actions.
In this light, we covenant to:
- Nurture a safe and welcoming community.
- Honour each other's inherent worth.
- Assume good will on the part of each other.
- Listen to each other with care.
- Speak to and about each other with respect.
- Be honest with each other.
- Talk directly to each other even when differences exist.
- Ask for help when conflict is too difficult to handle alone.
Created and affirmed by our congregation, April 2013