First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg
Announcing Adult Programs
Come out of the cold for some wonderful workshops! Winter programs include:
- Two website seminars (beginners & more advanced) led by Karin Carlson to help us navigate the church website, and submit articles and announcements.
- An introduction to the practice of Wicca, offered by Brittany Ross and Charles Simard
- Discussion about wholeness/holiness and transforming ourselves and the world, based on Matthew Fox's writings, facilitated by Sonya Watson
- Applying India's ancient wisdom through poetry from the Bhagavad Gita to choices we make today for practical living, led by Zain Mohammed.
- Continuing weekly passage meditation facilitated by Zain Mohammed. Open to all silent meditators.
- The Journeys adult exploration series exploring UUism, learning about this congregation and reflecting on your spiritual odyssey. Facilitated by Rev. Millie Rochester, and sponsored by the Membership Committee.
- Meditative yoga and breathing as a spiritual practice, led by Wendy Watson
- Joie de vivre through French-Canadian stories, song and music, led by Robert Malo
Ten ongoing adult groups include:
- Small group ministry through monthly Chalice Circles, coordinated by Linda Henderson
- Coffee Houses to promote musical interest and growth, organized by Jim Gardiner
- Robsons-Farmer Second Thursday Lunch Group with speakers who discuss community activities, or their personal history or travels, coordinated by Roger Rochester
- Writing group to share and support writing by its members, coordinated by John Burstow
Help yourself to the two Adult Programs brochures (New for Winter & Ongoing Groups) in the church lobby pamphlet rack. Program fees are minimal and return directly to the church budget to help offset building heating/lighting, coffee and tea, photocopying etc. Subsidies are available. All facilitators kindly volunteer their time; we're fortunate to have generous members and friends, with a range of expertise. You will also find programs listed on the church website.
Anyone with an idea for a spring program you may like to see or help organize please send us an email to share your thoughts, or contact an Adult Programs Committee co-chair: Sonya Watson at 837-5483 or Anne Belanger at 284-7012. Programs will be of general interest, and will follow our UU principles, to promote personal or spiritual growth.
~ Sonya Watson, Co-chair,
Adult Programs Committee