Summer Camp Information
Eighth Annual UU Summer Camp, Friday July 20th to Sunday July 22nd, 2018
Fun for people of all ages!
What to expect at Summer Camp Weekend
- A wonderful intergenerational weekend of camping and hanging out
- Make new friends - build community together
- Fun, music, games, FOOD!, swim, sing, worship, dance
- Lots of activity (or not ) options for all ages – we go with the flow and weather
- Run by participants - coordinated by all – pitching in with meals and clean up
- Low cost
- Beautiful historic UU Camp Hnausa has a lodge with large kitchen, dining hall, massive deck, bathrooms and with lake front camping
- Only 30 minutes north of Gimli Manitoba
UU Summer Camp Info Session Potluck Supper
Friday April 27th 6pm at church
Want to learn more about the annual summer camp weekend? Join the Kick-Off Potluck supper and meet other campers and kids.
- Hear about camp plans and get involved this year.
- Camp week end is open to all ages – families, singles everyone.
- CAMP DATE: Friday JULY 20 – Sunday JULY 22, 2018
For more information, please see Summer Camp Information.
The Potluck Sign-up sheet is on the credenza, and Camp Registration forms are in the mail folder “Summer Camp.”
Everyone is welcome!
Our Newsletter, The Communicator
Click the links below to read or download (depending on your browser settings) our newsletter, the Communcator.
Important Information Concerning Member Ceremonies of Significance
Church members usually look to the church for support at times of major life transition such as marriage, birth and death. During the past two years, however, it became evident that clarification was needed in two key areas: who can officiate at these events, and which principles govern the use of the building during member ceremonies of significance.
You will likely have heard that the Canada Revenue Agency does not allow charitable organizations to give any special benefits to members. This means that members are no longer able to rent the building at discounted rates. However, since ceremonies of significance are considered to be central to this organization’s charitable purpose, the church can offer the use of the building to members for ceremonies of significance at no charge. At the same time, the church still needs to pay staff to set up, host, and clean up after these events. To this end, the board recently approved a policy allowing for a modest cost recovery charge related to staffing expenses during member ceremonies of significance.
Furniture, Art and Book Sale
Saturday, March 31, 2018 9am - 3pm
- Books at great prices
- Collectibles and jewellery
- Paintings and artwork
- Furniture of all sorts
- Frames and lamps
...and much more!
Open to the public • Free admission • Free parking
Thanks for your support!